Monday, March 2, 2009

Creative Kids

Well, today was The Girl's first day at Creative Kids Learning Center, a brand spankin' new place that still has that new daycare smell.  Her dad and I took her this morning, to learn the ropes and, hopefully, to help ease the transition.  I'm so glad Cal was there, because, for the first time, Samantha cried when dropped off at daycare.  I was ok until I left the building, and I almost started to cry myself, but I toughed it out.

We were unable to meet S.'s teacher, because, this being a brand spankin' new daycare, she doesn't work there yet.  Her first day is Monday, so today we met the other toddler teacher (the toddlers are all together this week and will split up next week).

We're already big fans of the daily report.  "Today's Activities" it read, S. "had fun reading stories and singing songs during circle time.  She was very comforting to children who were upset."  That's our girl!  On the downside, she had marker all over her hands and pants when I picked her up.  Plus, they're not Cathie.

All in all though, S. seems to have had a good day and was absolutely worn out tonight.

No comments: